Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekly letter from Isaac

OKAY...SO, life....yea, it is going great! Elder Wright is a champ, I love being a missionary, and baptising someone is about the best thing I have ever done in my life! Last Saturday I was privileged to baptise Tagen Rene Gaultney :) it went wonderful! Her nonmember grandmother and father were there. It was amazing. I was so nervous, I forgot a towel and a change of shirts but it all worked out in the end! When I think of it I want to shout for joy (but I am in a library) she is a brilliant young lady who will go far in life due to her desire to be close to Christ!! Elder Wright Confirmed her a member and blessed her with the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday during Sacrament! I was given the opportunity to stand in the circle. I loved it.

During me baptising Tagen Gaultney, I did not recognize the peace that was there, I wanted so bad for her to feel the spirit, so she knew It was done by proper authority, she did. After I changed back into a suit and especially when every one was done and gone, and I was back out on the streets knocking doors and talking to people (we had an hour left of proselyting time we used to contact a neighbor of ours whom we lent the movie "The Restoration to") I felt a quite, yet when focused on encompassing, feeling of peace.

God saw fit in his infinite goodness to bless me with a tender mercy in feeling a greater abundance of the spirit due to the ordinance I was given the opportunity to take part in. Truly he is our loving Heavenly Father.Our Savior lives, I know it, I know God is real. I know these things due to much prayer, much study, and pondering the mysteries of life.

Our God is the best.
Truly Elder Lomeli

No comments: